Powered By Blogger

Monday 6 February 2012

Changes to studio four

Well, this month has seen a flurry of activity already. I've cleared out the studio, brushed down 6 years worth of stone dust from the rafters (horrible job!) re-painted the walls, put some shelves up and given the place a much needed tidy up. A small space has been set aside in one corner to make a little office space, room for the drawing board and computer etc. It'll be a relief to finally get all of my working life operating from one space and not having the office at home! Not that I mind too much, but it can become difficult to switch off from work when the computer is within easy reach...
I'll finally carve a sign for the studio too. It's always the cobblers children who go without shoes, and as such although I've carved probably thousands of letters over the years, rarely make anything for myself. Tomorrow I'll start a design for the studio sign, I've a nice piece of slate set aside just for this. Then when all is up and ready we'll have a little gathering with some of the other artists at Project Workshops for drinkies and nibbles.
Our vicar has kindly agreed to then come and offer a blessing on the studio to mark an important new phase in my working life as I re-launch the business. More exciting changes coming this way!

No comments:

Post a Comment