Powered By Blogger

Sunday 8 January 2012

The year ahead in Unit Four

Well, I'm fully back at work now and glad to be so. I'm really looking forward to a year of opportunities and new growth in my business.
I've been established at Unit Four, Project Workshops for 5 1/2 years and the business has steadily grown each year. My focus now is almost entirely hand-carved lettering and low relief carving for bespoke memorials, plaques, plinths, as well as some lettering restoration on historic monuments.
I hope to build on this and take on some more artistic projects too. I'd somewhat ignored exhibitions in the last few years, but following the success of The Word exhibition at Sarum college (where I had shown a specially created work, see earlier posts) this is something I intend to pursue. Also, I hope to start submitting proposals for competitions too, again, not an avenue I had previously followed as all previous works were strictly commissions that had come directly to me.

A better marketing campaign will be launched too, as well as a new website, watch this space for further developments. Plus the studio itself will see a major make-over soon. It's time for a complete clear out and re-arrange along with the creation of a dedicated drawing office space. It's all go for an incredible 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment